Monday, June 1, 2009


The sun was rising and you could feel the temperature increasing at an incredible rate. The hot air was suffocating and tasted dry in my mouth. The heat was all around and there was no escaping its grasp. My hair was soaked, and sweat was dripping off my face only to evaporate as it hit the burning sand. The sand was scorching and with every step I took another blister would arise on my foot. The sun was so strong that it felt as if I was being pressed down into the sand. As I pour the cold water from my canteen into my mouth it becomes warm almost instantly. The exposed skin is beyond burnt, and feels as though it is about to bubble. My skin is so dry and cracked that when the wind blows it hurts, and the small grains of sand scar my crisped skin on contact. The heat is like torture, and death is almost certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment